Roles involved in safety include practitioners such as technicians, nurses and, physicians that monitor and compile employee history factors through their tenure. Managers, who are employed as dedicated safety and health experts, or incorporate them within their realm of daily activities. These manager duties include creating and implementing safety programs, accident prevention and investigations as well as hiring, training and retraining for employees. The greatest benefit to the employment of health and safety professionals' in the workplace, are the new materials and processes with safety and health problems that they can share with the team of associates.
Expectations of an Integrated Safety Team
- Sharing knowledge and problems from experience in the workplace.
- Providing a better level of expertise to the workplace associated with managing health and safety issues.
- Creating a database to compare workers' health and safety histories within the company, and comparing different companies within the same industry.
- Creating a safety program that encourages accident prevention.
- aking employee health and safety a high priority within the organization.